Search Community

Get stagger index in advanced doesn't work

bdrtsky test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hey bdrtsky,

I think your thread title is a bit misleading as you are not doing much in your code other than setting up an event listener.

What you want to achieve is a bit more involved than you might thing. You need to figure out which element the mouse is over before you can trigger the tween.

For that, you can't really use the 'mouseenter' because it will not bubble/propagate, you have to use 'mouseover' instead and work out which of the elements you are over. Bellow is a way you can achieve your desired result.

See the Pen KEZmeQ by dipscom (@dipscom) on CodePen

• Like 3

Food, shelter, clothing — all will be unnecessary when your code helps us achieve the singularity. You can then transfer your consciousness into the Matrix and monitor the forum forever. (something Blake has already done) :ph34r:

Actually, I'm just trying to prod you along so you can battle your way up a few positions on the Leaderboard. ?

• Haha 2

Well, I'm here, picking up whatever questions you and the other lot manage to let slip...

1 minute ago, PointC said:

Actually, I'm just trying to prod you along so you can battle your way up a few positions on the Leaderboard. ?

Give us a few likes for the sake of it, then. :D

ps: For someone without a child, you got a fine arsenal of dad-jokes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, bdrtsky said:

Cool, thanks! Still I was hoping there could be a wait automagically solve this, for the case, where I can't edit data attributes...

There are other ways to figure out which element is over, the data attributes was just a simple, quick, way to achieve it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dipscom said:

Give us a few likes for the sake of it, then. :D

Done. You've been like bombed. You can wire the usual amount to my PayPal account.

3 minutes ago, Dipscom said:

ps: For someone without a child, you got a fine arsenal of dad-jokes.

Children or not, with age comes wisdom, forgetfulness, aching joints and corniness.

• Haha 2

Here's one other option that only uses JS: 

I'm enjoying all the back-and-forth too, @PointC and @Dipscom :) I definitely have plenty of "dad jokes" that cause an immediate eye-roll from my 15-year-old son in particular. My 17-year-old just ignores them or smirks a little. @Dipscom, they will just come natural after about 5-8 years of parenting...or maybe just when you hit a certain age. I dunno. 

• Like 4

I appreciate your answers, since I already wanted to add event listener to every child :) This is much much more elegant solution, very enlightening. I should probably take advice above to spend more time on forum :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1