Search Community

Liquify effect with GSAP

emilychews test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi,

It is possible with Greensock to create something similar to this:

https://www.studiotreble.com/

From what I know GSAP doesn't do effects and filters? I've looked at pixi.js this morning, but I don't really want to have over 400kb of JS for one effect and I am a bit pushed in terms of learning an entirely new library (I'm currently having to learn React / Vue as well). And besides I love Greensock and find it to be the only library where the learning is actually fun.

Is a liquid animation effect possible with just SVG / Greensock? Or does anyone have any pointers how to learn this natively (would it fall under webGL? Which is something I haven't really looked at yet).

Thanks in advance for any tips or pointers.

Emily

On 3/11/2019 at 4:45 PM, emilychews said:

Is a liquid animation effect possible with just SVG / Greensock? Or does anyone have any pointers how to learn this natively (would it fall under webGL? Which is something I haven't really looked at yet).

Hi Emily,

For that sort of effect your best choice is webGL but unless you go on and write the shaders yourself you will be having to include a library to handle it, like Pixi or ThreeJS.

You can, of course, still build it natively with just Canvas and the WebGL context but it will be quite hard and a steep learning curve. In another words, you are in between a rock and a hard place if you must get this effect going.

• Like 3