Search Community

Launched our first GSAP site

Alan Kell test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

After a good few months of passive through to quite intense development, we have just launched our first product that has made good use of the GreenSock libraries. There are no questions in this post, I was just that excited to get a product out that was enriched by what this toolset had to offer that I wanted to share it and thank everybody involved in creating and maintaining it.

I've used jQuery in the past with some projects (I'm no designer, but love fiddling with the UI), but never really went to town with it due to the load it put on the sites. Since stumbling across GreenSock the limits of what you seem to be able to do when creating a rich user experience have been blown away and now the excitement of being able to go to town with the front end is bigger than ever.

Our work is focussed on Employee Engagement in the workplace (I work in the Innovation department at Best Companies - www.b.co.uk) and and we are fortunate enough to be presented with stacks of great information, data and suggestions on what makes the very best organisations to work for exactly that. Over the past few years we've expanded our development strategy from being mainly functional, accurate and insightful to being functional, accurate and insightful with a great user experience - if it doesn't feel awesome to use - dev harder it and make it awesome!

We've just launched 2Q Instant Insight, the product I refer to above and it's the first from us that has been built from the ground up with user experience at the core - and a lot of that has been massively helped by GreenSock being a thing. GSAP is without doubt going to feature in a lot more of what we do.

As mentioned, no questions here - just a massive THANK YOU to everybody involved in GreenSock (employees and forum members who have helped by answering my questions along the way) - keep up the great work, it's very much appreciated.

Al.

• Like 3