Search Community

Timelines and Tween Stops/Pauses during Scroll

themepunch test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi folks,

i have a very strange issue where Tweens and Timelines "pauses" during the Page is scrolled in Google Chrome.

Seems that this happens  until the Timeline / Tweens runs at least once.

I can not reproduce this in a CodePen, however i was hoping that you can give me some direction i could look for.  

Basically i have multiple Timelines (using latest TweenMax engine 2.02, TweenMax and TimlineMax)  where a few dozens of Animations happens. 

When I scroll (continuously) the timelines  and Tweens pauses.  Short breaks in the Scroll let the Animations continue immediately until next Scroll event triggers.

I added an onUpdate event listener on the tweens and timelines, and it clearly shows that it is not triggered (Tween paused) during the scroll. 

I made for fun a test and  it shows that by creating an own Scroll Listener and triggering the Timelines / tweens from there works fine. (Like tween.time()). 

Any Idea would be great ! I am looking for this since days.    

Thanks and cheers,

Krisztian from ThemePunch

Ps.: In case you may want to see this, the video here shows the issue very well: https://we.tl/t-jYeIIZplVH