Search Community

Thanks Greensock | SOTD & DEVELOPER on Awwwards. ??

Victor Work test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hello everyone,
This post is going to be one of those a little long and for those more busy and timeless it is about:
A person who had a dream and when he reached resolve to thank the people who helped reach that goal.

Well let's go then:
First, this was my first post on the forum:
https://greensock.com/forums/topic/16437-animation-scale-left-to-right/

And on this date I still used Adobe Muse to make a website because I did not know anything about HTML / CSS,
but I already wanted to be good, make sites cool, cool and one day I could gain recognition at Awwwards,
so if you go see this post will see that mention a site that had just won this recognition.
But it was impossible to win not knowing HTML and CSS, so I started to study and learned everything by scouring the internet inside,
but something I was sure, to get there I would need to master doing Animations,
so every day I needed to understand how it worked the GSAP.

I was studying and creating new challenges and whenever I tried to do something and did not find the solution on the Internet,
I was obliged to ask in this Forum, and at no time did I leave here without a useful answer, ready for me was very clear,
I had found a source for learning and for evolution.

So know that this is how I and many people see this forum.

So after less than 2 years of many studies and many questions I finally decided to run my dream that was to gain a recognition at Awwwards,
and to my surprise I did not only won as a Site of the Day but also the Developer award.
A reason for much satisfaction and pride, and I certainly could not without the support,
help of this incredible community, who always welcomes and helps everyone who comes here to seek a light for their goal.

So thank you to all of you and as a form of gratitude and recognition
I made a point of mentioning in the thanksgiving session of my website (http://victor.work) on the page about,
because it is also conquest of you. (and also mentioned GSAP FORUM in my hobbies)
So through all this I would like to let you know that you provide a very important role for the web community,
a tool that we can evaluate as perfect and yet I see you doing the best and working hard to perfect it even more.
Guys you are very importants.

I'll leave the recognition link here at Awwwards:
https://www.awwwards.com/sites/victor-work-folio19

Anyway, this is it:
Thank you very much indeed, you guys are awesome.

• Like 11

Wow, you win the "most encouraging post of the day", @Victor Work! Very nice work indeed. And I love hearing about how our forums (and GSAP) played a small part in your success. Coming from Muse and not knowing HTML/CSS two years ago...you've come a long way indeed! I hope you'll stick around and keep helping others in the forums, as we need more folks like you who understand what it's like to be intimidated at first and then bring yourself all the way to being a recognized expert. In my experience, guys like you have an empathy that comes across in your answers which is much different than other communities where "experts" seems to belittle people with less knowledge. I love how our forums have such a different flavor (friendlier). 

Congrats on the recognition and success! [high-five]

• Like 1

On 1/25/2019 at 5:01 PM, GreenSock said:

Wow, you win the "most encouraging post of the day", @Victor Work! Very nice work indeed. And I love hearing about how our forums (and GSAP) played a small part in your success. Coming from Muse and not knowing HTML/CSS two years ago...you've come a long way indeed! I hope you'll stick around and keep helping others in the forums, as we need more folks like you who understand what it's like to be intimidated at first and then bring yourself all the way to being a recognized expert. In my experience, guys like you have an empathy that comes across in your answers which is much different than other communities where "experts" seems to belittle people with less knowledge. I love how our forums have such a different flavor (friendlier). 

Congrats on the recognition and success! [high-five]

@GreenSock
Thanks for the words Jack, and I believe you have used the correct term: Empathy.
It is very important to know the path you have taken and how you have managed to evolve
looking back and helping people who also want to move forward.
You can count on me, I'll always be here.
 [high-five] ?

On 1/25/2019 at 6:05 PM, elegantseagulls said:

@Victor WorkCongrats! Beautiful site!

@elegantseagulls Very Thanks ^^

On 1/25/2019 at 6:07 PM, Carl said:

Congrats on the awards. It's really cool to see how much you have learned and applied to your work. Thanks for the nice post I'm sure the folks who have helped you along the way will appreciate it.

@Carl 
I believe that success is in recognition, and I want to acknowledge everyone who helps me.
Thank you for the words

@mikel Thanks Broo.  ☺️

On 1/25/2019 at 8:08 PM, Dipscom said:

Well done, mate. Don't downplay your own efforts and diligence.

Muito sucesso e parabéns pela conquista.

@Dipscom

Thank you very much, I will not go any further.

E muito sucesso para nois. sempre! hahahha

• Like 2

Victor this is such an an amazing feat. I saw it the other day. Great to see you in the forums.  You should be proud for sure! As it's a lovely implementation. 

I was actually wondering about all the animated curves in the photos. Was that gsap?

And maybe if you can speak to some of the technology implementated on various parts that would be great.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...