Search Community

How do i do fade in / fade out effect in ScrollMagic + gsap ?

yomamen test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi guys,

I'm trying to do a fadein and fadeout effect on pinned sections using scrollmagic and gsap. However, i seem only to be able to do either a fadein effect or a fadeout effect only, what im trying to achieve is fading in and fading out as im scrolling and having the text still pinned while both effects applied. Here is a fiddle of what im having right now. Any help is very very much appreciated.

NOTE: from the fiddle it might look like i can already achieve a fadein / fadeout effect from the 2nd section to 3rd section, where ACTUALLY the 3rd section just has a fadein effect.

Hi and welcome to the GreenSock forums,

Thanks for the demo. It looks like you have a good handle on the GSAP API. I really don't understand ScrollMagic enough to be able to help you.

It's not a GreenSock product. 

From the Github page it appears it is being developed again. For support try: https://github.com/janpaepke/ScrollMagic/issues

If you have GSAP questions we'll do our best to help.