Perch

ADA Compliancy and Greensock?

I'm curious if all of this animation wizardry is capable of being "adapted" into a website that is ADA compliant?
* From what I have researched so far,  animation and such does not "belong" in an ADA compliant website.

Thanks for any and all replies,
Perch

So long as the animation isn’t crucial to communicating information, it doesn’t interfere with the document flow, and isn’t a hinderance to site navigation ... you’re good. If you’re following progressive enhancement, and utilizing aria landmarks ... you should have no worries.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Perch said:

I'm curious if all of this animation wizardry is capable of being "adapted" into a website that is ADA compliant?
* From what I have researched so far,  animation and such does not "belong" in an ADA compliant website.

What makes a website ADA compliant? As long as it follows guidelines for accessibility, I don't see why animations would be a problem. But I guess it depends on the type of animations. Seizure inducing flashing lights would probably be a bad idea. Animating a menu into view would probably be okay.

But I'm no expert on this. If you're worried, you can have an option to turn any animations off.

• Like 3