Search Community

Unable to re-run tween on hover and unable to place element back to its position after moving.

Vinod test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

i would suggest checking out the docs on staggerTo: https://greensock.com/docs/TimelineLite/staggerTo()

It will help you reduce your code.

i think for what you are doing you would be just fine playing and reversing the same timeline, but if you want 2 separate timelines I would suggest calling functions that create those timelines when you need them. Having 2 timelines restart() at the same time on the same elements will not work well.

Please see this article: https://css-tricks.com/writing-smarter-animation-code/

I didn't spend a lot of time trying to match the timing and all the settings, but this should give you something to start with:

See the Pen dwRbNj?editors=0010 by GreenSock (@GreenSock) on CodePen

• Like 2

Hi @Vinod,

The 'CloudLine' is transformed in your SVG data: "translate (0 -3.44)" and you tween y back to the absolute position of '0' which is lower.

Carl takes that into account and sets y back to '-3.44'.

Alternatively, you can also move the letters relatively on the y-axis using   '- = 10'   or    '+ = 10'

To animate the letters of 'CloudLine', it is helpful if they have the same class name: e.g. 'letter02'
And: Your SVG has multiple IDs with the same name. Info ID vs Class ...

A wave can be executed with two tweens staggerTo.
The last parameter in the second staggerTo positions it, starts it offset to the first: try numbers between 0.2 and 0.3

See the Pen YdQzZP by mikeK (@mikeK) on CodePen

Happy tweening ...

Mikel

• Like 2