Search Community

Transform TextField makes text disappears

stefanpetre test
Moderator Tag

Hey,

So I have a small application where the user can add TextField and I use TransformManager to allow them to move/rotate/resize. Everything works OK, except on IE 7 Flash Player version 10.0.42.34 . Every time the TextField is transformed the text inside disappears.

Every TextField has font embeded. Here is the code I use to generate the TextFields:

var newField = new TextField();
newField.embedFonts = true;
newField.wordWrap = true;
newField.type = "input";
newField.border = false;
newField.autoSize = TextFieldAutoSize.NONE;
newField.background = false;
newField.setTextFormat(defaultFormat);
newField.defaultTextFormat = defaultFormat;
newField.multiline = true;
newField.text = config.default_text;

Can someone help me? Thanks

Just because you set embedFonts = true does NOT mean the font is actually embedded. You must make sure that Flash puts the actual font into the swf. There are a few ways to do it, but what I typically do is make sure that I put a TextField somewhere in the swf which I click the "embed fonts" button for and select all the characters I need. Feel free to look at the Adobe docs to learn about other ways to do it too.

http://eyecon.ro/designer/designer.fla

it has just the fields for embedded fonts and some things in the library

http://eyecon.ro/designer/designer.as

method 'addTextEl' (line 551) inserts the TextField objects and attaches it to TranformManager object

Thanks a lot for taking your time with this and if this issue is not related to TransformManager then let it be.

If you want help with this, please don't post your production file that has multiple dependencies on other class files, etc. that are not included. I could not publish your FLA. Please isolate the problem in a separate (extremely simplified) FLA and just post that so that I can quickly publish it and see the issue. Thanks!