Search Community

Paper fold effect with GSAP

namisuki test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi there!

I'm trying to achieve the paper folding effect with greensock. in which when the div is clicked it starts animation like a folded paper. I was able to get the animation happen but i'm having problems making the backside of the paper to be animating with the front which makes it look like as if the image is being folded front and the backside of the image is white. Please help me achieve that effect with the attached pen.

Thank you,

Nami

See the Pen ebJXxK by namisukichin (@namisukichin) on CodePen

Hi @mikel

Thank you for your version. i fiddled around with it sometimes and i got to the below effect (haven't achieved the desired effect yet but this is something i got).

Is there a way to set css properties at the middle of an animation? like an onComplete callback function on completion of the first fold? I almost got the desired effect but the front 3 and front 4 was overlapping to the front after the first fold. so what i wanted to do was to set teh background of the front 3 and 4 to white on completion of the first fold so that it looks smoother.

See the Pen QzNXGj by anon (@anon) on CodePen

Thank you for your help :)