Search Community

rotationY not working!

therddlr test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Guys, sorry for third issue, but I have no idea what is going on! 

I have the same animation with anime.js and it's working no problemo.

Trying to migrate to GSAP and have this issues over and over.

See the Pen MZKRNN by dubdub (@dubdub) on CodePen

Why rotationY doesn't apply?

(the second issue here transformOrigin doesn't set by TweenMax.set properly, but I already created dedicated topic about this)

See the Pen MZKRNN by dubdub (@dubdub) on CodePen

Yeah, I'd be very careful about using 3D animations in SVG - it probably won't work in all browsers. GSAP originally used CSS transforms on SVG elements, but we discovered a bunch of little annoying bugs and inconsistencies across browsers (unrelated to GSAP), so we switched to using the "transform" attribute instead to normalize behavior and to be consistent with the spec. I'm sure you'll see that 3D CSS transforms work in Chrome and some other browsers (which is probably why anime.js was 'working'), but I suspect you'd find that your stuff broke in various other browsers. We work really hard to deliver consistency across browsers with GSAP as much as possible.