Search Community

Loving the Club Extras...a few questions... [SOLVED]

zeroskillz test
Moderator Tag

I'm loving the extras! My brain is smoldering a little trying to keep up with the ideas I'm getting...

A couple quick things,

Motion Paths... I see there is a circle2d class, and the example rocks!

Is it possible to create my own path and assign it as a motion path?

A quick look makes me think I'd need to create my own class that extends motion path?

(I'm thinking of using an path to setup a quick and easy 2.5D image stack, where the images properties are changed dynamically based on their position on the path, and maybe dynamically tween the path as well...hmm...).

Also, is there documentation on the TweenProxy3D stuff somewhere? Looks fantastic from the examples, I'll have to make some time at work today to play.

Thanks for all your efforts creating/maintaining this!

-Ted

I'm loving the extras! My brain is smoldering a little trying to keep up with the ideas I'm getting...

Sorry about the brain smoldering. Remember: tween responsibly. There are support groups popping up across the globe that can help with your addiction.

Motion Paths... I see there is a circle2d class, and the example rocks!

Is it possible to create my own path and assign it as a motion path?

A quick look makes me think I'd need to create my own class that extends motion path?

(I'm thinking of using an path to setup a quick and easy 2.5D image stack, where the images properties are changed dynamically based on their position on the path, and maybe dynamically tween the path as well...hmm...).

There isn't a way to draw a path with the pen tool in the Flash IDE and use it as a MotionPath, no. Sorry - that sure would be cool though. My plan is to create more MotionPaths that should help - like a bezier one where you'll be able to define control points, etc. and then tween along it. I'm swamped with other work right now, though, so it is very unlikely I'll get to this soon. Feel free to extend MotionPath if you want different shapes, yes.

is there documentation on the TweenProxy3D stuff somewhere? Looks fantastic from the examples, I'll have to make some time at work today to play.

Yes and no - there are ASDoc comments in the class file itself, but for some reason it refuses to work with Adobe's ASDoc tool (for me at least) so I couldn't include it in the online docs. And hopefully you saw the demo swf I included in the bonus goodies - that should give you some ideas as to what it does and the code that you'd use to work with it.

Thanks again for being a Club GreenSock member, Ted! Enjoy the code. If you smell smoke, though, take a break - I don't want your brain smoldering.

there are ASDoc comments in the class file itself

;) funny, it hadn't occurred to me to just look there...

I just wrote a bunch of drawing classes, so I think I'm going to mess with an arc and motion paths...

if i have any success. I'll let you know.

Thanks again!