Search Community

Swipecube Navigation

Storm Digital test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi all,

Recently I made this 3D cube and I can't seem to get the navigation to work properly:

See the Pen qJYYjM by stormdigital (@stormdigital) on CodePen

I used this example of Chris Gannon: https://codepen.io/GreenSock/pen/3ff3af968fb3356423998050b0ae1d42?editors=0010 to create the cube and interaction.

Dragging works fine with snapping, but when you click on the navigation buttons while the cube is tweening, 90 degrees are added, so the cube isn't 'snapping' anymore and it look likes the cube hasn't turned all the way.

I've added a check to prevent this, but still no luck.

Is there a way to disable the click while the cube is tweening? Or should I use some sort of 'snap' to allow the cube to turn only by 90 degrees.

Any help is very much appreciated!

See the Pen qJYYjM by stormdigital (@stormdigital) on CodePen

My suggestion would be to use a 'snap'. You can get your current X position by using `this.x` in your `onCubeDrag()` function. From there  you should be able to math the difference for what the 90deg snap should be. If I have time this morning I'll see if I can fork your pen and dive into the details a little deeper.

• Like 7

Hi @Niek Roemahlewang

I finally had time to look at the CodePen in more depth. The 'gotcha' for me was that the prev/next button tweens needed a fromTo tween to animate from current x position to the snapped x position. Hope this is helpful for your learning/understanding!

See the Pen OBBJBx?editors=0011 by elegantseagulls (@elegantseagulls) on CodePen

• Like 6