Search Community

Page flipping - book with one side only

rax test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi guys,

First of all, let me start by saying that I have never used GSAP before. I came across it when searching about page flipping animations.

I want to create a page flipping animation which is responsive and the "book" has one side only. Many of the examples I found so far show a book with both left and right sides, but in my situation I only need one page to be displayed. In order to flip, the user needs to click on the button so no need to drag the page around.

Could you guys point to how I should do that please?

Thank you

PS: I have added a Codepen which is similar what I want, but:

1. it's not responsive;

2. the book still has 2 sides. I'm not sure how to get rid of the page on the left.

See the Pen LgQoOb?page=1& by weyseal (@weyseal) on CodePen

I'm not sure I understand the question. To only have one side of the book you'd just need to adjust some of the CSS  classes that style the book. Making it responsive would involve creating the book with percentages instead of fixed width pixels. Or using fixed width sizes for various breakpoints would work too. Most of what you're asking falls outside the scope of this forum.

If you have specific GSAP questions or problems as you continue with your project, we're happy to help.

Happy tweening.

:)

• Like 1