GreenSock

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mgason

split Text Field in a timeline?

Hi,

really hoping this is the last question, at least for today.

presentation is tomorrow night.

Thanks for the Bevel info, sorted and working now.

can I put a split textfield sequence in a timelineMax?

I tried this, it actually animates one character per second!

I wanted to do this as my whole sequence is based on calling up timelineMax instances from and array by clicking a button

thanks again

mark

var t3:TimelineMax = new TimelineMax({onReverseComplete:nextItem});
var stf:SplitTextField = new SplitTextField(slide4started_mc.started_mc.let_txt);
for (var i:int = stf.textFields.length - 1; i > -1; i--) {
t3.append(TweenMax.to(stf.textFields[i], 1, {blurFilter:{blurX:10, blurY:10}, x:Math.random() * 650 - 100, y:Math.random() * 350 - 100, scaleX:Math.random() * 4 - 2, scaleY:Math.random() * 4 - 2, rotation:Math.random() * 360 - 180, autoAlpha:0, delay:Math.random() * 0.5, ease:Quad.easeIn, repeat:1, yoyo:true, repeatDelay:1.2}));
}

can I put a split textfield sequence in a timelineMax?

I tried this, it actually animates one character per second!

Absolutely. Were you saying that the one-character-per-second thing was way too slow? You can easily tweak the tweens so that they come in as fast as you want.

I use a TimelineMax instance for the SplitTextField demo if you want to see it in action. http://blog.greensock.com/splittextfield/

Were you having any other trouble with it?

• 2 months later...

i dont see where you referneced a timeline in any of those 3 examples?

i dont see where you referenced a timeline in any of those 3 examples?

By "timeline", do you mean a MovieClip timeline or a TimelineLite/Max instance? I was talking about a TimelineMax instance which was created on the first line of the code.

a Timeline Max instance. I dont see it referenced on that demo.

Im look ing to do the same implement a single character STF in a timeline and had a hard time getting it done the other day. Ill admit I need to try again and am sure ill get it figured out. But it looks like in his code he is doing it, so Ill reference it and give it a try, But in the demo I dont see where you referenced a timelineMax/lite?

Oh, sorry about that - I actually used a TimelineMax internally in the demo but didn't put it in the sample code down below because I wanted to keep things as simple as possible. And when I said the first line of code had a TimelineMax, I was talking about the sample above in this forum post.

If you're a little confused about how to implement a TimelineLite/Max, I'd highly recommend watching the video at http://www.greensock.com/timeline-basics/.