Search Community

Draw rectangles on a loop and let them run endlessly

Mooninator test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hello everybody,

I hope I do it right here to write and ask directly ...
To my question I'm working on my Bachelor thesis and hang now for some time now at this point, have already browsed through the forum here, but unfortunately I have not found anything.
Since I wanted to directly create a topic for myself.
The following problem, my bachelor thesis is a simulation, which lets packages run on a loop, outside the loop and packing places in the middle.
Now I have searched a lot and painted the loop with Javascript, then I decided to use GSAP.
But I do not quite like what I'm looking for ...
Because I'm just hanging out with the animation ... Because writing the Move function itself would be awkward, but there are enough frameworks that do that for me, and so I came across GSAP.
I've been looking for a lot and have found a similar topic, but unfortunately I'm found not really any help.
I have to let X-boxes on the loop and that directly after each other and the first endless, until later the logic comes the boxes distributed to the packing stations ...
But currently it fails because of the animation ....
Have the code from the similar topic tried to change, but do not climb so completely through ...
Have times the code with packed:

See the Pen jYMVNM by osublake (@osublake) on CodePen

this is the code from the other topic and i just added these:

<g class="Loop">
    <path id="loop" class="loop" d="M100 10 L100 510 L600 510 L600 10 Z" />
  </g>

for the rectangle...

The link to the other Topic: 

would like to drive x-circles in the example on the rectangle ...
but C # and especially MVC with web-frontend is new to me and do not get there completely.

hope you can help me there or give tips on how I get it

Thanks in advance and best regards
Moon

Hi and welcome to the GreenSock forums,

Unfortunately i'm having trouble understanding your explanation but it seems like you have some pretty technical and precise requirements. We really can't advise on how to build complex projects from scratch. If you could provide an EXTREMELY basic example of what you are starting with and perhaps need some direction on the next step I think we would have a better chance of offering some help. 

I'd suggest starting with a single package moving on a path and then perhaps we can nudge you in the right direction. As it stands now there are probably dozens of ways to approach something like this but its difficult to know where to begin without knowing where you are starting from or having a better understanding of the end goal.

• Like 1