Search Community

Vibrate / Shake effect?

zumajoe test
Moderator Tag

Thanks for the tip, I played with the roughEase a bit- I think i will need more time to experiment with it because I found an easier solution that worked for me. However my only problem is that TweenMax seems to be sticking on the first time it runs the tween... (i have the function running from a button release). On the 2nd click it plays fine, lag/hang. Is there some sort of initializing I should be doing?

A portion of my AS2 code:

import com.greensock.*;
import com.greensock.plugins.*;
import com.greensock.easing.*;

TweenPlugin.activate([TransformMatrixPlugin, ColorMatrixFilterPlugin, VisiblePlugin, EndArrayPlugin]);

function invalidTween(item:MovieClip):Void {

TweenMax.to(item,0.3,{colorTransform:{redMultiplier:3}, delay:0.1});
TweenMax.to(item,0.5,{colorTransform:{redMultiplier:1}, ease:Quad.easeInOut, delay:0.5});
TweenMax.to(item,0.1,{repeat:2, _y:item._y+(1+Math.random()*2), _x:item._x+(1+Math.random()*2), delay:0.1, ease:Expo.easeInOut});
TweenMax.to(item,0.1,{_y:item._y+(Math.random()*0), _x:item._x+(Math.random()*0), delay:0.3, onComplete:onFinishTween, ease:Expo.easeInOut});
if (TweenMax.isTweening(item)) {
	trace("HEY WE ARE TWEENING OK?");
	search_mc.enabled = false;
	search_mc.gotoAndStop(1);

}

function onFinishTween() {
	trace("finished");
	search_mc.enabled = true;
}

}

Looks like you're using a nested function for the onComplete - nested functions are almost always a BAD idea because they get deleted as soon as the parent function finishes running. So the tween ends up trying to call a function that doesn't exist anymore.