Search Community

Dynamic Custom Clicktags GET Requests on HTML5 Ads - Interactive Clicktags

Bradley Lancaster test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi everyone.

I have a question regarding creating custom Clicktags on banners ads. Sizmek, DoubleClick, Flashtalking.

Creating Clicktags that change within the banners is easy enough to do in javascript.

The questions is that i know Clicktags are updated in the Ad-sever backend and overide the Clicktag within the banner.

We want to pass Get www.clicktageurl.com?customcontent=4001 for example,  in our banners based on user input or interactions so that will be passed to the Clicktag.

Is there a way to make it that Clicktags are hardcoded in the banner. The media agency can they just leave it blank so it doesn't overide what we do.

I don't have Google Campaign Manager or other accounts to test this.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Brad

• 3 weeks later...

So i have found a solution with the help of Google and this is possible here is the answer from the Google team to help anyone needed a solution to a similar problem.

Hi Bradley, 

I hope you're well today and you are now connected with Creative Ads Support team. 

I see that you want to know if it is possible to setup a different landing page URL into your creative then when a user inputs zipcode in the creative then click to exit, it will open the landing page with the inputed zipcode appended to the link. I would like to inform you that it is possible in the Studio for this creative. 

1. Basically, you will need to setup the destination Urls into the feed and the feed will be imported to the profile in order to generate a dynamic code. That generated code will be use for you to implement dynamic to your creative. for example, your row one value is below:

2. Then in the creative, you will have to create a variable for you to combine or append the zipcode. . 

var zipcodeUrl = dynamicContent.TestFeed[0].zipUrl.Url + zipcode.txt;

3. Then add an enabler exit method into your click function to pull the destination url with appended zipcode. 

Enabler.exit("ZipCode Click", zipcodeUrl) 

Let us say that the user inputed a zipcode 3004 then the output should be like this:

You can check the article below for more information. 

I hope this information helps!

You'll probably actually want:

var url = 'https://www.example.com/?zip=';
var zip = "12345";
Enabler.exitOverride('zipCodeExit', url + zip );

or

var zip = "12345";
Enabler.exitQueryString('zipcodeExit', zip)

The second would mean you still have the opportunity to edit the URL from the ad-server.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2018 at 6:46 PM, joe_midi said:

You'll probably actually want:

var url = 'https://www.example.com/?zip=';
var zip = "12345";
Enabler.exitOverride('zipCodeExit', url + zip );

or

var zip = "12345";
Enabler.exitQueryString('zipcodeExit', zip)

The second would mean you still have the opportunity to edit the URL from the ad-server.

Thanks @joe_midi :-)

This is true, i found the documentation and you should be using Enabler.exitOverride() or Enabler.exitQueryString().