Search Community

Performance issue on mobile

mb2233 test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi guys. 

I'm having some issues with running GSAP on mobile. I'm creating a portfolio site for someone, where I'm using GSAP for the animations. Everything is running smooth on desktop, but as soon as I test on mobile, none of the animations work, only if I refresh like 10 times, then they appear, and then not for the next 10 times. 

Is there a known performance issue of GSAP animations on mobile or am I doing something wrong?

Or is it only in BrowserSync where this doesn't work? 

Thanks!

GSAP is an animation engine that changes values over time. It doesn't do any rendering so the bottleneck is usually the browser. There shouldn't be any issues with GSAP animations on mobile. Are your elements ready when the tweens fire?

If you could put together a simplified version of your project that demonstrates the problem, we can most likely point you in the right direction.

Happy tweening.

:)

• Like 4

Hello @mb2233 and welcome to the GreenSock forum!

Yes i ditto what @PointC just posted. Your performance issues can be a number of things, like what CSS properties are you animating? What do your tweens look like? But we can know right away if you provide a reduced codpen demo example. This way we can test your code in a live editable environment and see what is happening.

Also:

• what browser and browser version did you see this on?
  • what mobile device?
  • what OS and OS version did you see this on?

Happy Tweening :)

• Like 3

Thanks guys. 

The error was due to a wrong handling of data, the strings did appear but they didn't have their class attribute attached to them, so that caused the error of not tweening. 

Appreciate your answers! :)

• Like 3