Search Community

How to load DrawSVG via CDN?

akcreation test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi guys, new to Greensock so trying to learn as quickly as possible :)
I cannot find anywhere how to load the Draw SVG plugin via a CDN (as it looks like it is not part of the 'tweenmax.js' file which IS shown how to load via CDN in the docs.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks in advance,
Keith

Hi Keith,

Welcome to the GreenSock forums and Club GreenSock!

Putting the bonus plugins on a CDN where anyone could freely use them would remove one of the primary reasons for joining Club GreenSock, the very thing that enables ongoing support and development.  

You can host the bonus plugins on your site just as you would other JavaScript files. 

Let us know if you have any more questions. 

• Like 3

Thanks everyone for your help, it's much appreciated :)
@Carl - it might help to put a notification within the docs that any club plugins cannot be loaded via CDN, as I literally spent 2 or 3 hours searching around for it. What you say does of course make sense (in that a CDN gives access to non paying customers), but for example with Fontawesome5, my CDN link has a customer specific token in it.
Like I say it might just help if you notify clearly in the docs that only the Free plugins can be loaded by CDN.

Thanks again to you all :)

Yup, we have the GSAP Overview on the docs homepage which shows which tools are on the CDN: https://greensock.com/docs

However, I've also added 2 questions to the FAQs that will be easy to find if anyone searches for CDN: https://greensock.com/faqs/#/Search/CDN/

Hopefully this helps avoid more confusion in the future. Sorry for the frustration. Thanks for the feedback!

• Like 2