Search Community

GSAP Updates have perhaps broken my animation

jillo test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

I am wondering when recent greensock updates have occurred?

The last time I updated my web app, February 2018, it was working. Now it's broken.

It is not totally broken. It works properly on the 1st choice. But then it gets glitchy and weird.

I am cdn'ing in my app for GSAP. My other used libraries are in a folder, not cdn.

I can forward a github link if someone wants to have a look?

See the Pen by teller (@teller) on CodePen

Hi @jillo :)

Welcome to the forum.

I'm not sure what the animations should be doing. I looked at your site and you're using GSAP 1.19.0 which is two years old. Could you put together a basic demo that shows the broken animation? If you can do that, I'm sure we can help you troubleshoot the problem. More info:

Happy tweening.

:)

• Like 2

Sounds like more of a browser update quirk than anything related to GSAP.

I'd still recommend updating your CDN links to the latest GSAP. If that doesn't fix it, you can always provide a simplified demo and details about what exactly isn't working. 

• Like 1

The only thing I can think of (which would validate what @PointC theorized) is that perhaps you're animating SVG elements and you've got transform-related data defined in both CSS and the SVG's "transform" attribute. In that case, the browser has conflicting data about transforms and it just has to pick one. So, for example, if you've got transform: translate(0, 10px)" in CSS, and then GSAP sets the SVG's transform attribute to transform="matrix(1,0,0,1,100,200)", what should happen? GSAP may be setting the values properly, but the browser may be overriding it with the CSS data (which isn't changing). 

Updating to the latest version will likely fix that anyway, because at some point we added a workaround for that. :)

If you still need help, please post a reduced test case with details and we'd be happy to take a peek. Happy tweening!

• Like 2