Search Community

Help to improve performance

peacepostman test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hello !

I am trying to optimize a small plugin I've made for our website but i think i'm stuck and i was asking myself that maybe someone here have an idea to optimize things a bit.

I really think that the main problem is animating the left property, it's always a bad pratice in css, but i didn't success in setting an initial x value for each particules (Shame !)

Maybe the SVG effect is not helping the GPU performance also.

Best regards !

PS: CustomEase is in the codepen, i'm deeply sorry to include it but you dont provide any CDN, i can edit and remove it immediately but the codepen wont work anymore.  

See the Pen GGeZwO by peacepostman (@peacepostman) on CodePen

Hi,

We CodePen-safe versions of all our plugins and *special* eases. You can learn more about that here: https://greensock.com/try-plugins and see a demo that makes it easy to copy and paste the urls of the tools you need.

The url for CustomEase is https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/s.cdpn.io/16327/CustomEase.min.js

I didn't notice any performance issues in your demo, but yes its generally recommended that you animate x instead of left.

Not sure why that was difficult. I think it would be best to take a few steps back and try to solve that. 

Perhaps you can make a much simpler demo that illustrates why you couldn't set the x of a single particle.

• Like 2