Search Community

How can this scroll reveal effect be reproduced?

Alvindrakes test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi everyone, I am a beginner in gsap and I am tasked to create a scrolling reveal animation effect (reveal animation with the whole screen filled up) as seen on this website: Scroll reveal effect

Is there any code example that does something like this or any tutorial that will teach me how to do that reveal animation? 

Any help would be highly appreciated. Thank you.  

CodePen is a haven for that sort of examples. You can find anything you can think of and a bunch of other stuff you didn't even think yourself.

Here's a quick search result:

See the Pen by search (@search) on CodePen

Disclaimer: We don't work for CodePen, we don't get commission from them. They're just a bunch of super nice developers who created a lovely comunity and a great product.

Sounds very much like GSAP,  you say?

:D

• Like 4

If you not comfortable attempting to build this yourself you can also look at fullpage.js  https://alvarotrigo.com/fullPage/

It's a pretty good solution for bridging the gap until you are capable of handling this type of thing yourself.

On the downside it completely scroll jacks the dom and forces you to work within it's requirements but on the upside it has a fairly robust set of callbacks allowing you to plugin your own animations, and a lot of options.

• Like 4