Search Community

Can this mouse distortion effect be created with GSAP?

Vipul.K test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hey Guys, I'm new to GSAP and reading through docs to find out if a particular effect can be created with GSAP. The link below shows the animation in motion and I've created most of it except the distortion that occurs when the mouse moves from one section to another. Can this be done with GSAP, if yes, how?

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/466755948875173685/?lp=true

Thanks.

Hi and welcome to the GreenSock forums. 
Do you have a direct link to the site you are referencing?

The link you supplied goes to pinterest and every time I click somewhere I get overlays and prompts to log in.

• Like 1

Hi Carl. Unfortunately I don't think the designer did it on HTML at all. I think its a design concept created with an animation software. I too tried to find the website where it was used but I couldn't. There's just this animated picture so I have to create it from scratch. I also tried finding the website with the name on the top 'arch' but it seems this is made up name and not an actual shoe business.