Search Community

Charts / Data Visualization

EricBintner test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Curious if anyone has any insights into building charts with GSAP. I'm aware there are no GSAP plugins for this and my searches in codepen came up short for "gsap charts". Highcharts is too ugly and a pain to restyle, Ceros requires a license, D3 is the standard but a bit verbose for most animators out there. Also I'm interested if anyone's had experience building a chart in D3 and manipulating and integrating them in GSAP animations/timelines. 

I've never worked with Highcharts, Ceros or D3, but I know it's possible (if a but cumbersome) to create pie charts with pure CSS (

See the Pen eNLaWj by Garnel (@Garnel) on CodePen

for one example among many) and anything done with CSS can be easily animated with GSAP. Of course you could also just make one with SVG, which would simplify things even further.

If you want the easiest solution though, you'd just make histograms :P

• Like 3