Search Community

.addPause breaks upon interaction with slider

rymatt94 test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi all,

I'm very new to both javascript/jQuery and GSAP. I'm trying to make a timeline slider and want to use the .addPause feature to make the slider stop at certain points along the way. This works until the user interacts with the slider manually. After that, the .addPause functions are seemingly ignored and the timeline just goes along without pausing. How do I always ensure the .addPause function is respected upon pressing the play button?

And if there are any optimizations you see that are obvious, please feel free to let me know! :)

jsfiddle

That's just because you've got an error in your JS code that's referencing a non-existent object (progress):

progress.html(tl.progress().toFixed(2));

If you look at the console, you'll see a bunch of errors getting spit out. Once you remove that line, it looks like it all works perfectly ;)

Let us know if you've got any other questions. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1