Search Community

Creating animatable page transitions

alfianridwan test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi everyone, this is more of an ask-for-help and guidance rather than actually coding help, but I came across a very nice website page transition, which include its website logo transitioning between 2 pages. I was wondering if its possible to apply with GSAP? Here's the animation I am referring to: https://cl.ly/rXmT

It would be great if someone could forward me to somewhere where I can learn to replicate the aforementioned effect.

Thanks!

Yo! I think you can just add a listener on every link on your page that would trigger the animation. You can even use bodymovin for your animation or the best solution is use barba.js or smoothstate.js?

Sorry I forgot to add of course it possible with GSAP.

im not so good at coding yet but its something like this i assume.

.logoContainerActive{

position:absolute;

height: 100vh;

width: 100vw;

right:0;

left:0;

bottom:0;

top:0;

display: flex;

justify-content: center;

align-content: center;

}

$(‘a’).onclick(function(){

var tl = new Timelinelite({onComplete: reversedContainer})

tl.to(‘.logo.container’,0.7,{className:’logoContainerActive’}

});

function reversedContainer(){

// reverse animation code here

}

sorry i know this might not work but you get the point. im also just learning and i think if I help and learn with others it will help me learn fast. ?

Hi,

Disregard what I just written hahaha. I just saw the video on the phone and comment on the phone. I saw that its more on transition. What I did is only animation. Now I need to try barba.js :)

Hey @miks, thanks for the Codepen, I have forked it. It works really well, plus it really help me kickstart Barba.js! For anyone else who needs more help in making the animation smoother, I added another class to animate the position of the logo itself, and added it in the timeline with tweenmax. Here's the edited pen: https://codepen.io/aahlfeeyann/project/editor/DWnwop