Search Community

Mouse Hover a title and start animation alpha and video mp4

alessio test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Alright, I ignored that part completely. To play, pause video you need to select the video element and use it's play or pause method and you can reset time by setting currentTime property to zero. Check the updated demo.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

When I go on the title, we see the logo but the video does not start. If I click on the white and go with the mouse on the title, the animation starts. Why this thing? Should not the animation start immediately?

Thx a lot

I thought you meant you want video to play when you hover text and pause when you mouse out.

I have updated the demo and wrapped your content boxes in a wrapper so you can use that wrapper to listen mouse events.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Sahil thx. Autoplay when the mouse hovers over the text does not work, gives me this error:

Uncaught (in promise) DOMException: play() failed because the user didn't interact with the document first.

Honestly I tried to fix it, but with negative outcomes.

@Sahil the problem is that when I move the mouse over the text, the animation should start. In chrome and firefox this does not happen. And the mistake I see is Uncaught (in promise) DOMException: play ().
as if he were putting the animation on pause

Hello!

Videos can't autoplay with sound on. Set your video's muted property to true and it should work as you have it.

Video with sound can only play if the user interact with it in a meaningful way. A click or a tap. Mouse hover are not classed as intentional interaction as one can easily hide nefarious code to play annoying sounds in such interaction without the user wanting it. ;)

• Like 2