Search Community

CSS transitions be damned - GSAP all the way

Visual-Q test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

My GSAP story for the day.

I was integrating some found code to add a peek-a-boo menu to a site update, the kind where the menu slides away as you scroll down but slides back in as you scroll up. It used css transitions but since they did what was intended I went with it.

After spending awhile getiing it all plugged into Wordpress it worked fine in Safari and Chrome but Firefox was a disaster. Failed to work half the time. When it did work content mysteriously dissapeared huge ArrRRRGH! Now i could have spent ages trying to refactor my html, or css, or try to rewrite the triggering system in javascript or spend two hours investigating firefox bugs on forums...

However 5 minutes to swap out css transitions for gsap and it works like a charm.

So much for  css transitions/animations.

• Like 5

As a GreenSock forum moderator you should know that the use of CSS transitions is expressly forbidden. Your badge is probably safe, but there must be punishment for this offense so you need to grab some chalk and start writing.

fZDtV7v.jpg

• Haha 5