Search Community

Force timeline to update it's duration and children position after manipulation on-the-fly

Eeliya test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

I have a timeline with couple of tweens in it. Some of those tweens get destroyed by TweenLite.killTweensOf(myNode) while the timeline is playing but after removing those tweens,  the position of the next tweens don't change and the timeline act like nothing has been changed. I expect when I remove a tween from timeline, then any tween after that shifts and start earlier.

Is it even possible to do what I want to do?

Hi Eeliya,

That's the expected behaviour. When you add a tween to a timeline, it's not like if you added it to the end of an array of tweens; you just added it at a specific time into an animation. So if you add a tween on the 3rd second of a timeline, it will play at that moment, regardless of what's before or after it.

If you would like animations to shift, then maybe such an array is the way to go. Here's an example:

See the Pen KRMmBx?editors=0011 by Acccent (@Acccent) on CodePen

• Like 6