Search Community

Change and animate images by clicking on different buttons.

LeoZ test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hello, I am actually trying to achieve this animation effect using GSAP. 

https://tympanus.net/Development/ImageTransitions/index6.html 

In "other" option select example 4 so you can see what i'm trying to achieve. They have used css3 keyframe for this effect but i would like to make it using GSAP.

Only thing is, each button has assigned one image in sequence.When I click on button 1, first image should be visible in image-wrapper with similar animation. Clicking on button2 replace image-2 and so on. Could someone help me with this. Thanks in advance.

See the Pen pLXLBJ by LeoZoe (@LeoZoe) on CodePen

It is really easy to convert a CSS animation to GSAP, you just need to copy it mostly as it is. Only difference here is I am setting zIndex using set method. There is some additional code that is required to take care of rapid clicking because you are using button for each image.

Take a  look at docs in CSSPlugin, it will help you understand CSS animations using GSAP so you can convert easily.

https://greensock.com/docs/Plugins/CSSPlugin

See the Pen MVMXgQ?editors=0010 by Sahil89 (@Sahil89) on CodePen

• Like 6

Sir, I really appreciate for your help. It's completely brilliant and motivating me to learn about GSAP further. I will be continuing with my interest using GSAP animation.  Thank you once again.

• Like 5