Search Community

Why doesn't timeline start right with page loaded?

ztartennery test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

I watched A Simple Parallax Effect from I Hate Tomato, https://ihatetomatoes.net/module-1/s101-a-simple-parallax-effect-1639/, he uses  Scrollmagic with GSAP timeline, but the timeline doesn't start right away when page loaded but until scrolling to a specific point. I want to know what is the mechanism to prevent the timeline starting right away. 

SNAG-0506.png

Hi @ztartennery,

We can't see the code used in the IHT course without getting a membership.

I'm not suuuper familiar with ScrollMagic, but without seeing the code I would guess maybe you need to make the timeline paused when you create it? Something like this:

var parallaxTL = new TimelineMax({paused: true});

• Like 5

Hi ztartennery,

Have you tried reaching out to Petr? That's really your best bet. He's a great guy.

Unfortunately there is really only so much we can do to support third-party tools like ScrollMagic and paid courses from other sources.

I haven't used ScrollMagic much at all, but Acccent's advice is exactly what I would offer as well.

• Like 2