Search Community

Splittext and Denavagari

multivac test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

I kind of get it.

My thought using slices in an array was to prevent it referencing multiple cases of string combinations and being able to define a group of characters based on position as opposed to a match. It's definitely an edge case usage but it did occur to me there could be instances where grouping characters may be desirable in some cases and undesirable in others within the same text block.

I'm not sure if you meant it would be cumbersome to implement or cumbersome to use. You certainly wouldn't want to use it with paragraphs of text as you'd have to count all the characters to find your slices, though you could, I was thinking more along the lines of shorter blocks of text.

5 minutes ago, Visual-Q said:

I'm not sure if you meant it would be cumbersome to implement or cumbersome to use. You certainly wouldn't want to use it with paragraphs of text as you'd have to count all the characters to find your slices, though you could, I was thinking more along the lines of shorter blocks of text.

Yeah, more cumbersome to use quite frankly. I don't think people's brains work that way, but you could actually implement something like that using the function-based thing I explained earlier (using an external variable that keeps track of the index). Not exactly simple, but entirely possible. 

I appreciate the input!

If anyone has more feedback about the current implementation of specialChars, let me know so that I can ponder it before shoving this into the "official" release. 

• Like 1

Those circles are like placeholders to all the consonants and rest is vowel. Devanagari works by combining consonant with vowels and creating unique character, if anybody hates spelling in English then you will love it.

If anyone has more feedback about the current implementation of specialChars, let me know so that I can ponder it before shoving this into the "official" release. 

Looks like perfect idea by @Acccent, you will need to add too many conditions otherwise. This implementation will take care of almost all languages.

As for arabic or similar languages (don't have first hand experience with them), they work a  lot different at least while typing. Take a look at following video,

So with current implementation whatever language it is, if user can split the characters and it makes sense to them then they can use it.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Sahil said:

Those circles are like placeholders to all the consonants and rest is vowel.

Yeah I noticed they seemed to contain characters that looked like accents in latin languages. I figured the circles were some kind of default glyph indicating they were supposed to be combined with another character.

• 3 months later...