Search Community

Animating CSS Circles

nmarketti test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

I'm laying out ideas on how to approach an animation that will happen in multiple places across an entire site. While I know I could use DrawSVG...the way I developed these circles for each section was specifically for ease of control of the various sizes across sections, viewports, etc...so I opted for a circle created with straight CSS rather than SVG.

Can you do a similar draw effect with the circles on CSS properties, without having to use SVG and DrawSVG?

Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 12.04.24 PM.png

Hi @nmarketti :)

You can, but I'd then ask why do you want to do that? I've seen some CodePen demos creating this effect, but they seem a bit over-complicated for the end result. DrawSVG does it with one line of code and SVG scales perfectly with window resizes. I would think SVG would be the easier choice, but that's just my two cents worth. Others may drop by with different thoughts or an easy solution.

Happy tweening.

:)

• Like 4