Search Community

Move an object along the svg path with mouse

inflamesc test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hello guys,

I'm totally new to JS. Trying to learn and improve. I'm trying to build a minimap and move an object that represents player movements on the map. You'll see 2 things in the code. One is a straight line the other one is a map. I was only able to find animated movements. So When the user wants to move the object on the straight line with the mouse, also this movement has to be reflected for the object on the map too. I just want to be able to move that point with the mouse. How can i do it?

Best Regards

See the Pen pLddVZ by inflamesc (@inflamesc) on CodePen

OSUblake, 

2 hours ago, OSUblake said:

Yep. That should give you an idea on how to get started, but it's not a perfect solution. For example, if the mouse is equal distance between two or more points on a path, which point should it use? That's something you'll need to figure out.

Sir your work saved me from sleepless nights. Thank you master!

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/27/2018 at 11:14 AM, OSUblake said:

Yep. That should give you an idea on how to get started, but it's not a perfect solution. For example, if the mouse is equal distance between two or more points on a path, which point should it use? That's something you'll need to figure out.

How can I stop it from moving to another point of map regarding the position of the mouse? I just want to drag it along the path.