Search Community

Continuing timeline while infinite yoyo runs, to be stopped later.

TomWWD test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hey guys

Sorry for the very basic question, but i'm running an animation linked in the codepen (very simple state at the moment) and there's 2 parts that i'd like to loop while other animations in the timeline play, to be stopped at a later point.

For example, if I added

.to("#anim-loadingdot", 1, {repeat:-1, yoyo:true, bezier:{values:MorphSVGPlugin.pathDataToBezier("#anim-loadingpath", {align:"#anim-loadingdot"}), type:"cubic"},ease:Linear.easeNone})

the timeline would wait infinitely for it to finish before continuing.

Is it possible to set this to run "infinitely" at a certain point, and then come back to stop it later?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the basic question.

See the Pen rdzmRP by TomBismuth (@TomBismuth) on CodePen

Hi @TomWWD :)

You can add an infinitely repeating tween to a timeline and the next tween will go after the infinite tween finishes its first iteration. You do have to be using TweenMax 1.20.0 or later. Your demo is currently using 1.18.2 which is over 2 years old.  More info here:

If you need to control that particular infinite tween separately from the main timeline, you could also create a tween or timeline for that repeating animation too. It would make it easier to control.

Hopefully that helps. Happy tweening.

:)

• Like 6

If it were me, I'd probably name that infinite tween so you can easily control it later. Then add it to the main timeline. Maybe something like this.

See the Pen PRKLKO by PointC (@PointC) on CodePen

You could also put that infinite animation in a function and call it after any of the tweens on the main timeline. As with all things GreenSock, there are many roads to the goal.

• Like 5

On 25/03/2018 at 3:48 PM, PointC said:

If it were me, I'd probably name that infinite tween so you can easily control it later. Then add it to the main timeline. Maybe something like this.

See the Pen PRKLKO by PointC (@PointC) on CodePen

You could also put that infinite animation in a function and call it after any of the tweens on the main timeline. As with all things GreenSock, there are many roads to the goal.

Yep, that sorted it! Thanks again.

• Like 3