Search Community

Greensock in Flutter

rodrigolopezpeker test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

I know is totally out of topic for html/js forum.

Ive been using this Tween engine for almost a decade in AS3.

I was truly hoping that eventually u make a port for Flutter, dealing with animations and timelines there is a PAIN.

greensock API is muuch needed!.

Any plans to expand the library to Dart? It will be very welcome for this new promising technology

No it doesnt, Dart is more like AS3/typescript.... well is more “evolved” I think.

I welcome all of you to give Flutter a try :)

you will see what I mean regarding the lacking of a TweenMax lib, even if it’s in beta state the technology is really promising.

please let me know what you think, if it’s doable.... at least a simple “TweenNano”

First of all, high-five for being such a longtime GSAP user. Very sorry, though, that we don't have any plans currently to create a Flutter version. We've got our hands full in the HTML5/JS world as it is, with lots of ideas for improvements. We don't have any expertise in Flutter nor do we have the resources to devote there. I wish I had better news for you, but please always feel free to chime in with suggestions like this. 

Happy tweening!

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 3/24/2018 at 2:15 PM, rodrigolopezpeker said:

I know is totally out of topic for html/js forum.

Ive been using this Tween engine for almost a decade in AS3.

I was truly hoping that eventually u make a port for Flutter, dealing with animations and timelines there is a PAIN.

greensock API is muuch needed!.

Any plans to expand the library to Dart? It will be very welcome for this new promising technology

I tried to create a version of TweenMax for Flutter at this link: https://pub.dartlang.org/packages/tweenmax

You might want to try out! 

Cheers,

Thanks for letting us know, @mrgoonie. I kinda wish you hadn't used the same name, though, as it could confuse people - they may think it's from GreenSock and expect it to have every feature, etc. and maybe even contact us for support. It'd be cool if you named it something else and said it's "like TweenMax" or something. 

Anyway, good luck with the project. 

• 1 year later...