Search Community

Draggable Knob Spin problem in Chrome

gmgurgen test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

A quick and dirty way would be to put simple click targets in those positions and allow a click event to push the knob to those positions. A little CSS to position and hide ... and a little JS to update the draggable object.

See the Pen bvpbZR by sgorneau (@sgorneau) on CodePen

I'm sure a better method would be to use the Draggable's onClick method to get mouse coordinates and determine the click position relative to the knob and logic to determine the closest snap point. But for a few simple snap-to points, a couple of clickable elements might be what you're looking for.

EDIT: Based on your positioning things ... you may want to look at this in CodePen itself ... seems some relative positions are causing the clickable elements to not align.

EDIT 2: Reduced your pen down to simplify it for positioning.

• Like 5

It's actually useful but, i have another problem right now.
It needs to updateData too, i couldn't call updateData function in click on snap-tos.

I need it because, when the knob turns, it actually makes some tweens on original page. Because there are lots of codes, i didn't embed them in this.

See the Pen dJzoKv by gmgurgen (@gmgurgen) on CodePen

The current version of i shared last, it gets tween if i click on knob after click on snaptos points. Why doesn't it set tween in the first click.

It also doesn't work if second click on "snap-tos li". It works only click on knob except "snap-tos li".