Search Community

Recommended scrolling trigger/detection

cmm test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

I'm looking for a recommended scrolling trigger detection npm package from the greensock team.  I've just spent a day weeding thru a bunch of them and not really pleased with what I've found (and there are a bunch).  I'm specifically going to use it with vue.js to fire animations off at certain trigger points (ie. this <div> hits the top of the page).

Thanks for your help.

27 minutes ago, cmm said:

I'm looking for a recommended scrolling trigger detection npm package from the greensock team.  I've just spent a day weeding thru a bunch of them and not really pleased with what I've found (and there are a bunch).  I'm specifically going to use it with vue.js to fire animations off at certain trigger points (ie. this <div> hits the top of the page).

Thanks for your help.

scrollmagic is fantastic :)

• Like 2

Hi cmm,

Thanks for your strong vote of confidence in GreenSock's tools. Whether or not we should do a scrolling tool comes up periodically, but at the moment we're focused on a bunch of other higher priority features for the platform.  Building a tool like ScrollMagic would require lots of dev time and an inordinate amount of additional support, so its not something that we can just "knock out" in a few weeks. It would require a substantial commitment of resources long-term. Totally appreciate the suggestion. The more we hear these things the more it moves the needle forward. 

As smallio suggested, ScrollMagic is pretty much the most robust solution out there with strong documentation and examples. Although I don't use it myself, the majority of fancy scroll sites that are in our showcase use it with great success. 

• Like 2