Search Community

Pausing Element At Specific Point in Timeline function

fictivekin test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hello GSAP community, 

I dug through the forums and tried to find if someone has already had this problem but I wasn't able to find the solution, so I thought I'd ask the community. 

I'm currently trying to figure out how to pause an element's animation at around 10 seconds into the the animation.  I've tried using pause(), kill(), and have added a new function trying to pause the timeline, but I have had no luck. 

The scene in question is `scene4` in the codepen. Any ideas? 

Thank you very much for your time, it's greatly appreciated!

See the Pen ddNjRv by brianacamp (@brianacamp) on CodePen

Do a google search like "insert pause into timeline" it will find a number of prior discussions here on the topic. I'm sure one of them will address your issue. 

Ooops I notice now you probably already did that, my bad. Still I would think you should be able to add a pause to your master timeline.

Hi and welcome to the GreenSock forums,

Thanks for the demo, it looks very nice, but for practical purposes when it comes to support it really helps to have a demo that is as simple as possible.

Not sure where in 78 seconds of animation you want a pause without digging through a bunch of code and figuring out which elements are which.

Check out addPause() https://greensock.com/docs/TimelineLite/addPause()

You should be able to drop that into any timeline wherever you want and the timeline will pause.

If you still need help, please fork your demo and remove everything except 2 or 3 tweens so that we can help you as efficiently and as effectively as possible.

Thanks!

• Like 5