Search Community

ExpoScaleEase Demo - How?

SimonWidjaja test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Dear GSAP Magicans,

you were right: My mind was blown when I saw your ExpoScaleEase Demo today (Link: 

See the Pen NyXBbV?editors=1010 by GreenSock (@GreenSock) on CodePen

).

Can you please share some more hints how to create/prepare the asset/image fragments for this kind of animations?! E.g. coming from Photoshop or Illustrator. That what be super awesome.

Thanks in advance and keep up the amazing work!

--Simon

• Like 1

It all started with this thread, that will give you some idea about entire effect. Carl has covered it in all details in latest video on GreenSock learning channel on YouTube.

Blake might follow up with some more explanation, I am also curious about any alternate use cases for ExpoScaleEase.

• Like 2

Ya actually I tried dolly zoom last month after watching some video about dolly zoom in movies, it is not that easy to achieve, at least in 2D space. Not sure if I got it right, I may have to watch few more videos.

It'd be a challenging effect to get just right but you're making good progress.

I don't know if this will help with a dolly zoom as that also deals with camera distance, but now that you brought it up, I'd like to make a dolly zoom demo.

@SimonWidjaja

For assets, check out some of these images. I didn't make them, but you can see how they relate to each other. The are 3 in each set... 

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/s.cdpn.io/106114/zoom-ozora-1.jpg

Just keep changing the number on the end. The final image is 42.

• Like 3

On 3/7/2018 at 9:25 PM, OSUblake said:

For assets, check out some of these images. I didn't make them, but you can see how they relate to each other. The are 3 in each set... 

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/s.cdpn.io/106114/zoom-ozora-1.jpg

Just keep changing the number on the end. The final image is 42.

Putting those assets in motion...

See the Pen pLoVXQ by osublake (@osublake) on CodePen

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Dipscom said:

Someone get me some LSD, let me have this on full screen for 8 hours then, come drag me out or feed me some food intravenously I'm going to reach nirvana!

Skip the LSD and try making that. I seriously haven't been able to see straight for the past hour. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Just added some audio to it. It's pretty fun hearing it grind to a halt at the very end.

3 hours ago, Carl said:

i've found that if you stare into the center while it zooms out (halfway through) for about 30 seconds to a minute and then look away, your whole world bulges out at you. creepy.

I was just telling Carl that the bulge is a cause by a bulge filter being animated real slow. There's actually 3 different filters being animated real slow - AdvancedBloomFilter, BulgePinchFilter, and ZoomBlurFilter. You can play with them here if you want to see what they do.

http://pixijs.io/pixi-filters/tools/demo/

• Like 3