Search Community

How to have an element that tweens, and then afterwards allows a CSS transition on hover

emilychews test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

** I seem to have hit the back button when posting this so it has posted twice - feel free to delete the older version**

Hi

I have a tween where I am scaling a div with a class of .btn, which i'm scaling on its x-axis with scaleX. I also have a hover effect on this button after it has animated in, and on this hover I've put a CSS transition.  The CSS transition changes the behaviour of the tween and I've tried a few things to try and overcome this, but I'm getting nowhere.

My question therefore is, is there a way to have an element animated with greensock (in this case on pageload) and also allocate a CSS transition to the element for other interactions (i.e. a hover effect) after the animation has finished?

GSAP
TweenMax.to(".btn-scale", 1, {scaleX:1, delay: 1, ease:Linear.easeNone});

CSS

.btn {
  border-radius: 1px;
  padding: 1.2rem 2.2rem;
  letter-spacing: .5px;
  cursor: pointer;
 transition: 0.6s; 
  letter-spacing: 1px;
  background-color: #1D2F42;
  width: 200px;