Search Community

Troubels with uploading plugins

KatuBryda test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi,

I'm just started my GreenSock Club membership and trying to use some GSAP magic on my website but I have some issues and really don't know why. I using scripts from package I downloaded from my member account, but it seems to be some error and I can't use "new SplitText" because isn't defined.

What I can doing wrong?

Hi @KatuBryda :)

Welcome to the forum.

It's pretty tough to say what might be wrong without seeing your code. Are you loading TweenMax and the plugin before you try to animate? If you could put together a demo, it would be easier to troubleshoot the problem. Here's some info about that.

Happy tweening and thanks for joining Club GreenSock.

:)

• Like 2

How are you including your files in your project? If it is simple html template then you can include your files as follows,

If you are using jQuery include it first
<script src="js/jquery.js"></script>
<script src="fs/TweenMax.js"></script>
Any other plugins below TweenMax
<script src="js/SplitText.js"></script>
<script src="js/your-script-file.js"></script>

You need to include every single plugin explicitly. Does that help? If it is any other project like react, angular etc then you need different approach to include files in your project.

• Like 2