Search Community

SVG Animation Play and Reverse on mouse/touch hold

alfianridwan test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi guys,

This is more of a pre-sale question than a problem, to be honest. But I do need some help with the Javascript/jQuery.

I'm working on an SVG animation using Anime.js, but I feel that there are limitations to the animation that's possible for SVG. I was trying to replicate https://thieb.co homepage animation.

So basically on mouse down, the animation starts playing, and mouse up, the animation reverses to the empty state.

Due to Anime.js's limitations, I was wondering if DrawSVG is able to replicate the aforementioned effect? With a 'completed' callback to prevent the animation from reversing once completed, etc.

Here's what I got so far: http://alfianridwan-fms-stories.netlify.com/ with Anime.js

Is it possible to replicate this with DrawSVG? (before I purchase the membership and find out that I can't replicate it!)

Thanks,

Alfian

See the Pen by (@) on CodePen

Hi and welcome to the GreenSock forums,

You should be able to do exactly what you need with GSAP. You can try all of our premium plugins for free on CodePen:

See the Pen OPqpRJ by GreenSock (@GreenSock) on CodePen

here is something I whipped together quickly 

See the Pen MQvNVx by GreenSock (@GreenSock) on CodePen

In the demo above "tween" could be an elaborate timeline of multiple animations and you would have the same control.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1