Search Community

DrawSVG not working in Firefox

Playground Inc. test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi All, 

I'm hoping to get some help with some animations I've been working on. It works well all browsers, except FireFox. 
In the console I can see an error `TypeError: i is undefined`. On my local it appears that this error is originating on line 97 of DrawSVG plugin. 

I was looking at the plugin code and noticed that there is a Firefox bug for when an element isn't visible - I wonder if that's what's happening here. I'm trying to find out what exactly is happening so I can fix it.

The idea of this project is to funnel users into their appropriate usage category. Each question displays an animation and asks a question. The first animation runs, but when I try to click 'Get Started' the JS is blocked, so I can't click to the next question.

I've attached the codepen for reference. If anyone could shed some light on this, I would so appreciate it. 

Thanks!

See the Pen oEYooG by anon (@anon) on CodePen

Yep, Firefox won't report measurements on invisible SVG elements (like display:none). So definitely avoid that (it's a browser issue, unrelated to GSAP). It's better to use visibility:hidden or opacity:0. 

I noticed a few other odd things:

1. You weren't declaring some variables properly (no "var"). Firefox complained.
  2. There was a "display:absolute" (I think you meant "position:absolute")
  3. You've got transition CSS properties defined on some elements - be careful about that because those can interfere with GSAP animations. 

I hope that helps. 

• Like 3