Search Community

StaggerFromTo animation question

Teun87 test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

var hours = ["#hours-1", "#hours-2", "#hours-3", "#hours-4", "#hours-5", "#hours-6", "#hours-7"];
TweenMax.staggerTo(charges, .3, {opacity:0}, 0.3);
TweenMax.staggerFromTo(hours, 1, {visibility:'visible'}, {visibility:'hidden'}, 0.3);

Please check the snippet above. My question is simple: Now every item with id hour-XX immediately is visible, although I did set a visibility: hidden in the CSS by default. How can I set the hours to only be visible for .3s via the staggerFromTo function and afterwards be hidden again?

Thanks,

Teun

var hours = ["#hours-1", "#hours-2", "#hours-3", "#hours-4", "#hours-5", "#hours-6", "#hours-7"];
TweenMax.staggerTo(charges, .3, {opacity:0}, 0.3);
TweenMax.staggerFromTo(hours, 1, {visibility:'visible'}, {visibility:'hidden', immediateRender: false}, 0.3);

Any tween is rendered immediately, whether it is a combination of set + to tween, from or fromTo tween. You can avoid that by setting immediateRender to false.

See the Pen aqZoPW by Sahil89 (@Sahil89) on CodePen

It is just unexpected behavior but makes a lot of sense if you check following video.

• Like 4