GreenSock

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mikel

Oooops ...

Hi,

To be honest, I just wanted to try different easings and a countdown.
But with a little story it was really funny ...

See the Pen f71ae5ae8e2e1b43574f3ac60e6462be by mikeK (@mikeK) on CodePen

Kind regards

Mikel

By the way: GSDevTools is very helpful. I noticed, however, that in reverse, the centering of the object (pathDataToBezier) is not interpreted expected. Is that due to my coding?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Why does it reminds me of somebody here with a moustache?

;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Thanks for sharing, Mikel. Its demos like this that make me the happiest; to see people having fun and learning some stuff.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi @Carl,

Please answer me the question about GSDevTools  ...

By the way: GSDevTools is very helpful. I noticed, however, that in reverse, the centering of the object (pathDataToBezier) is not interpreted expected. Is that due to my coding?

Here the reduced egg:

See the Pen c612b8a7f65bc1923d0d284258f515ff by mikeK (@mikeK) on CodePen

Thanks ...

Mikel

Thanks for the reduced version Mikel. I think the issue has to do with how you are changing the transformOrigin while a bezier tween is running or some sort of overwrite. I will look into this more this evening for sure.

• Like 1

Alright, I think I figured out the issue. It has to do with the fact that you were doing a cubic bezier animation which made it jump to entirely new coordinates right at the start of that tween, but in reverse it doesn't RETURN it to the original (pre-bezier) values. So imagine x/y start at 0,0 and then you do a bezier tween that makes them jump to 100,100 at the start of the tween and animate to new values from there. In reverse, that tween would end up with x/y at 100,100, not at 0,0. 

You could add a set() just before that and use a relative value for x and y of "+=0" and also apply the transformOrigin there as well so that it's all recorded in a keyframe on the timeline. That way, in reverse, it'll jump back there. Here's the revised code for your isolated version: 

var action = new TimelineMax()
  .set($biddy,{autoAlpha:0})
  .from($bustOpen, 2, {drawSVG:"0%",ease: easeStepped07},1)
  .to($eggAbove,2,{y:-10, rotation:10, transformOrigin:"right bottom",ease: RoughEase.ease.config({ template:  Power0.easeNone, strength: 1, points: 20, taper: "none", randomize: true, clamp: false})})
  .set($eggAbove, {xPercent:-50, yPercent:-50})

// --> THIS LINE IS NEW <-- it records the x/y position and the transformOrigin before the motion path bezier. //
  .set($eggAbove, {x:"+=0", y:"+=0", transformOrigin:"center center"})

.to($eggAbove, 2, {bezier: { values: motionPath, type: "cubic"},ease: Linear.easeNone})
  .to($eggAbove,2, {scale:0, transformOrigin: 'center center'}, "-=2")
  .to($eggAbove,2, {rotation: 180, transformOrigin: 'center center'}, "-=2")

Sorry about any confusion there. 

• Like 5

Hi @GreenSock,

Thanks a lot.
My learning: to 'record' the x / y position and the transformOrigin in every case using pathDataToBezier.

Kind regards

Mikel