Search Community

ES6 import TweenLite not working?

Kendaros test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hello,

First of all thank you for your work on gsap (and forums), which is a library that I like to use :)

I've always used TweenMax so I didn't have any problem with ES6 import before, but right now I'm struggling to use TweenLite through ES6 import.

What I do is:

import TweenLite from 'gsap/TweenLite'

TweenLite is loaded in my bundle, no error is thrown, but this line does not work at all (no animation).

TweenLite.from(this.$refs.animate, 0.2, { opacity: 0 })

If I do import only gsap (and not gsap/TweenLite), the animation does trigger properly, but because gsap refers to TweenMax, TweenLite in this example is in fact TweenMax which loads a bunch of things I don't need for simple animations:

import { TweenLite } from 'gsap' // or import TweenMax from 'gsap/TweenMax'

So what I am seeing here is that the animation works with TweenMax, but not TweenLite, when importing through ES6.

Am I doing something wrong here when I import TweenLite?

I have searched the web but found only this thread where Jack says that import TweenLite from 'gsap/TweenLite' should be working: 

(Using version 1.20.3)

Thank you for reading!

Yes! That was a simple as that.

Sorry for my mistake. I thought that I could tween CSS properties with TweenLite alone as I am used to use TweenMax. I should have payed more attention. 

import TweenLite from 'gsap/TweenLite'
import 'gsap/CSSPlugin'

Thank you for the help! :)

• Like 2