Search Community

Stagger groups of paths

Anya test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi guys,

I'm trying to stagger groups of paths. I have 4 groups, that I want to simultaneously start drawing but stagger the paths inside of each group with 0.5s.

Currently, I'm just writing it 4 times starting them at the same label, and repeating the same tween code. Is there a way to shorten the code so I don't repeat it 4 times? If I add elements into the array, the timing is off.  I could also write a function and pass the elements, but would it start at the same time? Is there a keyword maybe in tweenmax stagger feature for this? Thank you!

const tl = new TimelineMax();

tl
   .staggerFromTo( '[id^=top-left] path[id^=top-left]', 2, { drawSVG: "100% 100%" }, { drawSVG: "0% 100%", onComplete: leafGrow }, 0.5, "draw-Level1-Vines" )
   .staggerFromTo( '[id^=top-right] path[id^=top-right]', 2, { drawSVG: "100% 100%" }, { drawSVG: "0% 100%", onComplete: leafGrow }, 0.5, "draw-Level1-Vines" )
   .staggerFromTo( '[id^=bottom-left] path[id^=bottom-left]', 2, { drawSVG: "100% 100%" }, { drawSVG: "0% 100%", onComplete: leafGrow }, 0.5, "draw-Level1-Vines" )
   .staggerFromTo( '[id^=bottom-right] path[id^=bottom-right]', 2, { drawSVG: "100% 100%" }, { drawSVG: "0% 100%", onComplete: leafGrow }, 0.5, "draw-Level1-Vines" )

See the Pen MroLXN?editors=1010 by slyka85 (@slyka85) on CodePen

• Like 1

Hi @Anya :)

Welcome to the forum.

Looks like @GreenSock beat me to it, but I'll throw out my two cents for you. When I have several groups in which I want the child elements to stagger and they're all the same, I usually just use a loop. Not that it's any better than a reusable function -- just another option.

See the Pen eyGEpW by PointC (@PointC) on CodePen

Happy tweening and welcome aboard.

:)

• Like 3