Search Community

reversing problem [SOLVED]

peterdavidsson test
Moderator Tag

Hi I'm trying to use the revese function but I get an error saying that the "1120: Access of undefined property myTween." thats for the mouse out function

here is the code:

this is on a mouse over:

var myTween:TweenMax = new TweenMax(e.target.textbox_mc, 1, { x:0, y:0, alpha:1, overwrite:2});

on mouse out

myTween.reverse()

does anybody see what i'm doing wrong?

thanks! /peter

You use a local variable in your mouse over handler. Local variables will not be accessible elsewhere in your code. So you have to declare your myTween variable outside of your mouse over function. I encourage the following:

var myTween:TweenMax = new TweenMax(e.target.textbox_mc, 1, { x:0, y:0, alpha:1, overwrite:2, paused: true});

function onMouseOver(e:MouseEvent):void
{
   myTween.play();
}

function onMouseOut(e:MouseEvent):void
{
   myTween.reverse();
}

trispo

ok! thanks for the reply!!

I don't really get it to work though, the error i'm getting is:

1120: Access of undefined property e. (for this: var myTween:TweenMax = new TweenMax(e.target.textbox_mc, 1, { x:0, y:0, alpha:1, overwrite:2, paused: true});)

1061: Call to a possibly undefined method play through a reference with static type gs:TweenMax. (for myTween.play();)

Where should I put the var myTween:TweenMax = new TweenMax etc..? right now its at the place where I declare my variables.. I tried put it in a function but that didn't work either...

Sorry, I didn't recognize that your are using a previous version of the Tweening Engine. I recommend updating to the current version 11!

The first line is indeed wrong. You have to substitute "e.target.textbox_mc" with your target object. I don't know whether you have it on the stage already or whether you instantiate it dynamically.

Hope that helps. You can upload a simple fla file then I would see what you are doing wrong.

trispo